The usage of business intelligence tools became common for organizations at a certain size and complexity. BI-tools combine the flexibility of merging data from various sources with comprehensive dashboard reporting or a familiar Excel user-experience. The wrong design of an integrated BI-architecture, however, can lead to significant issues and increase change- and run-costs. Issues to be considered are:
- Architecture – organizations tend to implement multiple BI multiple BI-tools on a purpose-wise basis. As a result, the overall IT costs unnecessarily increase, data is stored in a redundant, un-reconcilable manner. Each organization should therefore develop a clear BI-strategy to avoid uncontrollable growth of data warehouses and data marts
- Content - A comprehensive definition and documentation of business requirements and content must be available before setting up any BI-solution
- Technology- taking into consideration the functional / non-functional requirements as well as the current architecture the best technological platform has to be selected. Moreover, this should include implications of SAP’s BW/BI roadmap towards HANA and ERP integration
- Cost - the operation and further enhancement poses a significant cost factor to the IT
OUR DISTINGUISHING CAPABILITIES
- We are a one-stop-shop for all your questions around BI: We provide architectural advise, develop the business content with you and take care of the implementation of a SAP-based BI (e.g. SAP BW, BO, SEM) optionally in combination with COGNOS, SAS or Microsoft
- We have gained practical experiences with the latest technology such as SAP HANA and can demonstrate how your business can best benefit from it.